Some benefits of regular sports massage can be :
- Maintain the body generally in better condition.
- Prevent injuries and loss of mobility or flexibility.
- Cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue.
- Break down scar tissue and adhesions.
- Boost endurance and performance.
- Relieve muscle soreness.
- Extend the overall life of your sporting career.
Injured or not, sports massage should play an important part of your training programme!
Along with Sports Massage I incorporate various forms of Electrotherapy including Interferential, Russian Stim TENS, Ultrasound Therapy and K-taping. This greatly improves the chances of healing injuries, speeds up healing times, reduces or even eliminates scar tissue, keeping you pain free, mobile and even able to continue your training.
In June 2013 I completed another sports massage course to ensure my knowledge and sports massage techniques are fully up to date.